- 13 Sep 2023
Okta SAML 2.0 Configuration Guide
- Updated on 13 Sep 2023
This feature is available in the following plans:
|✖ Base||✖ Pro||✔ Enterprise|
This article explains how to configure Okta SAML 2.0 for use with Skykit.
The Okta SAML 2.0 integration for Skykit currently supports the following authentication flows:
- Direct or SP-initiated SSO - This authentication flow occurs when the user logs in to the application from Skykit.
- Okta My Apps Dashboard or IdP-initiated SSO - This authentication flow occurs when the user logs in to their Okta dashboard to access Skykit.
- Log in to your Okta portal as an Administrator.
- Go to Applications->Browse App Catalog, and search and add Skykit.
- Assign the users or groups that should be able to log in to Skykit.
- Go to the Skykit App-> Sign On tab -> Advanced Sign-on Settings section.
- Enter your Company Domain and click Save.
- Example: okta.[COMPANY_DOMAIN].com without the brackets, where COMPANY_DOMAIN would be skykit from [email protected].
- In your Okta portal, select the Sign On tab for the Skykit SAML 2.0 App.
- Go to Sign on methods > SAML 2.0 > Metadata details, then locate and copy your Metadata XML file.
- Email the Company Domain configured in Advanced Sign-on Settings and a copy of your Metadata XML file to [email protected] with the subject, "Skykit Okta SAML Configuration Metadata".
- Support will respond with a confirmation once the integration is configured.
Logging in to Skykit with Okta
After Okta is configured, you can log in directly to Skykit from the login window or through your Okta My Apps dashboard.
This is also referred to as SP-initiated SSO.
- Go to https://login.skykit.com.
- Select Continue with Okta. A text field becomes available.
- In the text field, replace the text between the brackets with your company domain. This is the domain you entered for the Company Domain (the fifth sub-step, in Configuration - Step 1 above).
- Select Log In and choose a tenant and product at the prompts.
Okta My Apps Dashboard
- Go to your Okta My Apps dashboard.
- Select the Skykit application tile. Okta redirects you to Skykit and logs you in.
If you encounter any issues or have any questions, please reach out to [email protected].